People tend to wait 5 to 7 years between First experiencing symptoms and seeking help.
Over time, reduced stimulation to your ears and brain can actually impair the brain’s ability to process sound and recognize speech. The more speech recognition deteriorates, the more difficult it is to recover. When you can’t hear what’s going on around you, your mental sharpness suffers.
The sooner you take action, the sooner you put a stop to the negative effects of hearing loss, and the sooner you begin to regain sharpness, confidence and control.
- Asking others to repeat themselves
- Having trouble hearing women's and children's voices
- Having trouble hearing on the telephone
- Feeling more irritable or depressed
- Avoiding social situations that were once enjoyable
- Having difﬁculty following a fast-moving conversation
- Missing important information in meetings
- Being told by others that you have hearing loss